Who are you? Tell us a little about yourself? Maybe something that would surprise us :)I am not a native Texan, but was mostly raised down south of Houston in Clear Lake. I have 2 teenage boys, both of whom run cross country, and will both be in high school as of next year (a freshman and a junior). I was never particularly athletic as a kid, so this is coming out of nowhere. I LOVE Renaissance Festival, and I go as many times every year as I can. I have costumes for every single weekend (yes… I am THAT person).
How long have you been a Behemoth member and how did you hear about us?I started in July of 2018; I knew about Behemoth because my brother (Richard, also known as Chardo for those who are wondering…) was already a member.
How has being apart of Behemoth impacted your life?Behemoth has really helped me get healthier than I have ever been. At 42 (almost 43) I am in better shape and eat better than I ever did 20 years ago.
Talk a little bit about your journey, who were you or what were you struggling with before starting with Behemoth and who are you now since being a part of this gym culture and community?Before joining Behemoth I wasn’t really happy with where I was in my weight loss, I couldn’t keep it off consistently and even when I was able to get my weight down I had almost no energy. Now I am able to… maybe not KEEP UP with my kids since they can outrun me without trying… but at least not be exhausted arguing with them all day.
What is your favorite part about Behemoth and what keeps you coming back?I love my Behemoth fam! The people are definitely what keeps me coming back.
What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone just starting out with Behemoth or maybe hesitant in starting out?Just do it! It’s so worth it, I can’t imagine my life without Behemoth! The daily grind can feel difficult some days, but trust in the process. And also know that you can make some amazing friends here that will help you through it all.
1. My hidden talent is?Ummm… I don’t really know, but my husband tells me that the fact that I can raise each eyebrow individually is pretty interesting.
2. My favorite movement at BGYM is?It’s a toss up between the back squat, or the deadlift. Maybe the back squat by a small margin.
3. #Breakfastcrew, #Brunchcrew, or #Cocktail crew?#breakfastcrew all the way!!
4. I have yet to, but have always wanted to?Go to Ireland, Scotland, or Greece.
5. When I’m not working on my fitness at BGYM, I like to?Not a lot of this has happened lately, although we are starting to get back to it… travel.
6. I would love to see Coach ________ do ___________?All the coaches do a burpee challenge.
7. Beast mode engaged when this song comes on during my workout?Anything from The Score; also really like Arise by The Seige, and Hustler by Zayde Wolf