Who are you? Tell us a little about yourself? Maybe something that would surprise us :)My name is Dee, I from Austin but college moved me to Houston 25 years ago. I am very adventurous and have skydived before. Best feeling ever.
How long have you been a Behemoth member and how did you hear about us?I have been a member for 1 ½ years now. I saw when the gym opened 10 years ago, it always peeked my interest.
What are some of your proudest accomplishments since starting with us? (this can be physical, mental, emotional, don’t just think inside the gym, this can be anything you truly feel great about!)Since the pandemic had me working at home, it gave me a gym to workout at that was close. I did crossfit for years and loved the workout but my body did not. This gym gives me crossfit like workouts that are more functional and that my body responds to better. My greatest accomplishment is running a mile faster than I ever have. Anyone that works out with me knows how much I hate running. I still cringe when I see running programmed but I embrace it now.
Talk a little bit about your journey, who were you or what were you struggling with before starting with Behemoth and who are you now since being a part of this gym culture and community?With the gym I attended being downtown, gaining weight through the pandemic and recovering from surgery, I knew I had to get up and start moving again. I was not happy with how I looked and decided to do something about it. After feeling inadequate and out of shape when I first started to how I feel now is amazing. I have become stronger and feel more confident in my everyday life.
What is your favorite part about Behemoth and what keeps you coming back?My favorite part is the early morning classes and workouts. What keeps me coming back are the members.
What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone just starting out with Behemoth or maybe hesitant in starting out?Just come. The coaches and the members are very welcoming. There are so many different skill levels and no one ever seems out of place.
1. My hidden talent is?My sister says my hidden talent is my bluntness. 🙄
2. My favorite movement at BGYM is?Power Cleans
3. #Breakfastcrew, #Brunchcrew, or #Cocktail crew?#Breakfastcrew
4. I have yet to, but have always wanted to?Travel to Africa and scuba diving.
5. When I’m not working on my fitness at BGYM, I like to?Hangout with my family and watch my son play baseball.
6. I would love to see Coach ________ do ___________?I would like to see all the coaches do Nancy.
7. Beast mode engaged when this song comes on during my workout?Any 90’s Hip Hop and R&B